How to Make a Sweet Joy Gingerbread Man Card
Our 12 Days of Christmas is well under way. To give you some extra Christmas inspiration we've got a tutorial for how to make this beautiful Gingerbread Man card.
- 145 x 145mm kraft card blank
- Apple Blossom Kraft paper pad (need to get the name)
- Cardstock - Creative Expressions Vintage Gold & Coconut White plus kraft card for die-cutting
- From the Apple Blossom Sweet Christmas collection – Sweet Christmas stamp set & Gingerbread Man die set
- Marianne Design Star Frame & Pine Bough die
- Adhesive of choice, 3D foam pads, white ribbon
- Red, white & clear Wink of Stella glitter pens, archival black ink
- Die cutting machine
- Stamping block
- Small scallop circle punch
1. Cut a piece of red plaid paper to 145 x 145mm, adhere to the front of the card blank & edge with the red glitter pen.
2. Die-cut the star frame from the Coconut White card & retain the centre circle. Adhere both parts to Vintage Gold card & trim, so that no gold card is seen around the edge. This is now your Christmas plate!
3. Using black ink, stamp the sentiment 'Sweet Joy' in the centre of the plate, adhere the plate to the centre of the card blank & apply clear glitter pen to just the star section of the plate.
4. Die-cut & emboss 3 gingerbread men from kraft card. Using the scallop circle punch, take a “bite” from the head of one gingerbread man & a bite from the leg of another.
5. Using the red & white glitter pens, add detail to the gingerbread men, as shown & adhere these to the plate using 3D foam pads.
6. Tie a bow from the white ribbon & adhere to the bottom-right corner of the card blank.
Tip: You can die-cut the gingerbread man accessories to embellish the gingerbread men instead of using glitter pens.
Tune in to the fabulous Apple Blossom range in action on Hochanda for more demos on Wednesday 6th July at 8pm and the following day, Thursday 7th at 9am, 12pm, 4pm & 7pm!
You can watch Hochanda live online, Sky channel 663, Freeview 39 (6am - 9pm) or Freesat 817.