Join Crafter's Companion for a step-by-step guide to creating the Downton Abbey Filigree Die Box!
- Big Score
- Trimmer and scissors
- Collall Tacky Glue
- Crafter’s Companion A4 hammered Cream cardstock
- Downton Abbey Oval Filigree Die
- Downton Abbey 3D Bow Filigree Die
- Pearls from your stash
1. Using your Big Score, place the short side of a piece of A4 card to the butt of the lid side and score at 6 ½ inches – cut on this line – you will need 2 of these. Score one on all 4 sides at 1 inch on the lid side of your board, and 1 on all 4 sides on the base side of your board:
2. Place the Filigree part of the oval die in the centre of the box lid, and place the largest of the oval nesting dies inside that, tape with a little low tack tape and run through your die cutting machine:
3. Turn it over, cut a piece of acetate to size and use tacky glue to apply the acetate to the box lid, I use my fingertip, it gives a thinner coverage and the glue dries clear through the acetate so you won’t get unsightly glue marks:
4. Cut the corners of both pieces of cardstock:
5. Burnish the score lines and, using tacky glue, construct them together:
6. You can now decorate how you choose – we used the nesting oval die and the Filigree Bow to finish this design!
We hope you've enjoyed this step-by-step guide, and make sure to show us how you get on with your own by sharing a photo on Facebook!
Find all your essential crafting materials on the Hochanda website and get creating!
Make sure you watch Hochanda ever day 24/7 for lots of fun and crafty demonstrations and inspiration! You can watch Hochanda live online, Sky channel 663 or Freesat 817.